First Shows Announced And Preview Unveiled Of Spectacular Multi-Million Dollar Renovation
The City of El Cajon and Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s leading live entertainment company, today formally unveiled the initial show lineup and details of the re-imagined East County Performing Arts Center set to officially open in September and re-named “The Magnolia.”
The 1,210-seat Magnolia joins Live Nation’s global portfolio of over 1,700 clubs and theaters and complements the company’s existing landmark venues across Southern California in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego counties.
“This is a special moment for not only El Cajon but the entire San Diego region,” said City Manager Graham Mitchell. “The completely renovated Magnolia represents another jewel in the continued growth of the entire region. Its Magnolia’s look, feel and vibrancy – ranging from extra wide rows to more legroom in the venue, to a VIP lounge and new bars combined with some of the best sightlines and entertainment experiences match any building anywhere in the country.”
Live Nation, which will operate, market and book The Magnolia anticipates attracting a wide-variety of acts appealing to a diverse group of audiences from throughout the region.
Ben Weeden, COO of the Live Nation Clubs & Theaters division said, “The Magnolia will offer an amazing elevated entertainment opportunity for both artists and music fans. In addition to a spectacular outdoor Plaza Bazaar featuring unique pre- and post-show dining, the theater will offer new state-of-the-art sound, lighting and projection systems. We’re thrilled to join the El Cajon team.”
Magnolia’s Initial Show Line-Up:
- 9/13/19 Countess Luann and Friends
- 9/24/19 Al Di Meola – PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE – Music of Di Meola, Piazzolla & The Beatles US Fall Tour 2019)
- 10/1/19 Roy Orbison & Buddy Holly – The Rock ‘N’ Roll Dream Tour
- 10/3/19 Patti Labelle In Concert
- 10/9/19 Dave Mason Feelin’ Alright with very Special Guest Richie Furay
- 10/10/19 Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers
- 10/16/19 Masterchef Junior Live!
- 10/17/19 Leo Dan
- 10/18/19 Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo
- 10/23/19 Engelbert Humperdinck: The Angel on My Shoulder Tour”
- 10/27/19 Dream Theater: Distance Over Time Tour + 20 Years of Metropolis Pt. 2
- 11/1//19 Ramon Ayala y Sus Bravos Del Norte
- 12/13/19 Stassi Schroeder: Straight Up with Stassi Live – Featuring Beau Clark & Taylor Strecker
- 12/29/19 PJ Masks – Save The Day Live!
- 1/9/20 Art Garfunkel
- 2/20/20 Kathleen Madigan – Hot Dogs & Angels Tour
- 3/7/20 Dennis DeYoung: The Grand Illusion 40thAnniversary Album Tour
Further show details available at: www.magnoliasandiego.com; #TheMagnoliaSD @TheMagnoliaSD; CITI Presale 7/16 10am – 7/18 10pm; Live Nation Presale 7/17 10am – 7/18 10pm; Public On Sale 7/19 10am
About Live Nation Clubs & Theaters
A division of Live Nation Concerts, the world’s leading live concert company, Live Nation Clubs & Theaters promotes over 25,000 shows in 1,700 venues with more than 20 million fans in attendance annually. As the world’s premier network of intimate live music venues, Live Nation Clubs & Theaters oversees legendary spaces including Fillmore theaters, House of Blues clubs, the Academy Music Group portfolio and more. For additional information, visit livenationentertainment.com.
# # #
breakwhitelight (for Live Nation Clubs & Theaters)