– Only Official Resale Marketplace of the NFL for Fans to Buy and Sell NFL Divisional Playoff and NFL Conference Championship Tickets Verified By Ticketmaster –
NEW YORK and LOS ANGELES (Jan. 7, 2014) – The NFL and Ticketmaster, a Live Nation Entertainment company (NYSE:LYV), are advising fans looking for tickets to sold-out NFL Divisional Playoff and Conference Championship games to purchase from NFL Ticket Exchange, the official resale marketplace of the NFL.
NFL Ticket Exchange is the only resale marketplace authorized by the League and the only one that features Ticketmaster’s barcode authentication technology. For fans, this means access to the safest, most secure online resale marketplace to buy and resell NFL tickets, including Playoff tickets and Super Bowl XLVIII tickets.
All tickets sold on NFL Ticket Exchange are validated and electronically reissued through Ticketmaster’s exclusive barcode technology, ensuring ticket authenticity. NFL Ticket Exchange offers a wide selection of game tickets and interactive seating maps that allow fans to search tickets by location and price. Additionally, fans have instant access to their tickets via Ticketmaster’s electronic delivery, which enables purchasers to print their tickets within minutes of each sale. All Super Bowl tickets purchased on NFL Ticket Exchange are authenticated by Ticketmaster, although there are no electronic or print-at-home tickets for the Super Bowl.
While purchasing NFL tickets from the official NFL Ticket Exchange is the only way to be certain that you will receive authentic resale tickets, the following are additional tips for purchasing resold NFL tickets safely:
(1) BEWARE of buying tickets from anyone selling them on the street or in front of the venue. Scalpers are typically unregulated, unlicensed ticket sellers, which leaves you unprotected from fraud, including stolen and counterfeit tickets.
(2) BEWARE of buying tickets from unsecured Internet sites. Unofficial online auction sites, classified sites, and unofficial ticket resale sites can be risky business. Buyers have no concrete proof that sellers have the actual tickets or that the tickets are authentic and could be scammed out of a significant amount of money. Make sure that the website has proof of the tickets and a guarantee of authenticity.
(3) DO NOT use cash. Use a credit card or another secure type of payment. Confirm that the company you are purchasing from offers a customer guarantee as well as a refund policy.
(4) DO verify the location of the seats on a seating chart so you know exactly what seats you are purchasing.
NFL Ticket Exchange (www.NFLTicketExchange.com) is also accessible from Ticketmaster.com and NFL.com. NFL Ticket Exchange dedicated customer service can be reached at (888) 635-5944 and by email at [email protected].
About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, ArtistNation Management and Live Nation Media/Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.